A few cents of wisdom on fingerprint technology in #iPhone5s
September 10. 2013 by Bojan
Wow. Fingerprint ID, solves one awesome problem. Solves the problem of security of your phone. If this is going to work as advertised, this phone is worth every penny.
- The sensor is 170 microns thin, 500 ppi resolution, scans sub-epidermal skin layers and has 360-degree readability.
- The sensor is built right into the home button!
- Around it is the stainless steel detection ring, so it can detect that your finger is actually on the button, so you don’t have to press it.
- “Touch ID has been built deeply into iOS 7.”
- “Since it’s built in, you can make itunes purchases by using your finger to authenticate.”
Mind = blown. Got my finger, on the trigger, so to say.
The thought that your finger print is the only way to activate your phone is changing the way we are thinking about devices. So apart from the governments, seems like Apple is going to become the company with the biggest fingerprint database in the world. Apparently it supports multiple fingerprints. I am wondering can you opt out of this feature.